My Chickens
I have 6 hens and one rooster, they have been contained in a chicken yard for over a year. My husband decided they needed to "roam free" so they would be happy and feel good about living with us. He set them free by cutting a hole in the chicken wire of their chicken yard.
I felt panic but could clearly see the happy light in their little beady eyes. The following morning I opened my back door only to see the imense destruction of my back flower bed. Wood chips were scattered into the grass the solar yard lights were knocked over, I felt anger welling up from deep inside as I put on my flip flops and walked out to get a full view. It sickened me. I got the leaf rake and fixed it all back nice as new. THEN I walked to the back yard and looked in on the chickens, I could see them out of the corner of my eye. I threw some chicken feed in the coop and waited, they of course came running and I hurriedly closed the chicken wire and wired it shut trapping them forever.
The very next day, there were the chickens again roaming freely, I could hear them outside my bedroom window. My husband came in and said "don't be mad but I have set them free, that is what they need"
Needless to say, they are still roaming free, its been nearly two weeks, every day i fix my flower bed back, i coax them into their yard and lock them up........ only to have them set free by my animal loving husband. If I was more evil then I currently am I would butcher the chickens and serve them for dinner.
Monday, August 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wendy, Chickens are people too. You must have a fun flower bed for them to get so much enjoyment out of it.
chickens are not people I believe they are truly evil and are out to ruin and destroy all that I have
watch out for the chickens wendy, you never know what they are up to.
I wouldn't put up with the chickens roaming free. I think I would take a shot gun to them. You are way more patient and tollerant of your husband than I am.
Post a Comment